5 Questions for Labour Leadership Candidates
Stop the War is asking Labour leadership candidates if they support the memberships’ anti-war position in a series of questions
A recent YouGov poll shows that Stop the War is viewed favourably by the majority of Labour Party members. We came third in the YouGov poll, with only the trade unions Unite and Unison ranking higher.
Stop the War is asking Labour leadership candidates if they support the memberships’ anti-war position in a series of questions.
Questions to leadership and deputy leadership candidates:
1. Do you agree that the recent series of wars the UK has been involved in has been disastrous, and as leader/deputy leader of the Labour Party would you call for an end to foreign policy based on wars of aggression?
2. Do you believe that UK foreign policy should be independent of the US?
3. Would you support the immediate withdrawal of UK troops from Afghanistan and the Middle East?
4. Should the UK end arms sales to Saudi Arabia and Israel?
5. Are there any circumstances in which you would push the “nuclear button”?
Responses to this survey will be published by Stop the War.