#GE2019 - Where Do Your Local Candidates Stand on Issues of War & Peace?
Why not put this list of foreign policy questions to your local candidates?
- Do you consider that the successive wars of this century have made Britain a safer or more dangerous place? Have they played a role in fostering terrorism?
- Have these wars helped to foster greater Islamophobia in British society?
- Is a ‘special relationship’ with Donald Trump’s US something which benefits British people?
- Do you oppose Donald Trump’s sanctions and threats of intervention in Iran?
- Do you support maintaining the JCPOA ‘nuclear deal’ which the UK government has signed up to along with others?
- Did you oppose the war in Iraq and do you oppose further interventions in the Middle East?
- Should those responsible for the war in Iraq face criminal charges?
- Do you think British and Western troops should withdraw from Afghanistan, and that there should be a negotiated peace?
- Do you support arms sales to Saudi Arabia, especially in light of its role in the Yemen war?
- Do you support the renewal of the Trident nuclear submarine system?
- If elected as an MP, what would be your foreign policy priority and why?