Chilcot Fundraising Appeal 2016 - Join or donate now!
Stop the War is launching a fundraising drive as the Chilcot report nears its day of release
Next month the Chilcot Inquiry into the Iraq war finally issues its report. After a wait of 5 years, there is an overwhelming sense that there has to be some accountability for what went wrong, and some truth and justice for the Iraqi people, for those who have died in Iraq and their loved ones, and for the anti war and peace campaigners who did so much to oppose the war.
We are determined that, whatever Chilcot reports, we will continue to campaign against this and other wars in the so called war on terror. We also want to see those who took us into the war, including Tony Blair and Jack Straw, held to account for their actions.
This is a request for you to help this campaign by donating towards our Chilcot appeal to raise £15,000 by the time the report comes out.
We urgently need money to allow us to keep campaigning round this issue. Please help us get truth and justice.
Our activities include:
- The People's Chilcot event in London last week, which brought together a range of expert opinion and was highly successful in putting forward alternative testimony. There is daily publicity going out highlighting the facts about Iraq.
- A demonstration on Wednesday July 6th in the morning when the report is issued outside the QE2 conference centre in Westminster (details tbc).
- A public meeting on July 7th at Mary Ward House.
- Major press conferences with expert speakers.
- Local meetings organised by groups round the country.
We thank you in advance for your support.
Andrew Murray, StWC Chair
Lindsey German, StWC Convenor