Stop the Attacks on the Palestinians - Emergency Resolution
In support the Exist, Resist, Return demonstration on Saturday 11 May in London
Emergency Resolution – Stop the Attacks on the Palestinians
- This branch/CLP/trade union branch
- Attacks on the Palestinian people are escalating:
• In the last year more than 250 Palestinians in the Gaza strip have been killed and 29,000 wounded in attacks by the Israeli Defence forces.
• Illegal settlements in the occupied territories have accelerated leading to the expulsion of hundreds more families from their homes.
• Donald Trump has scrapped US support for the UN backed refugee programme, recognised Jerusalem as Israel's Capital and Israel's illegal annexation of the Golan Heights.
• Jeremy Hunt has recently announced Britain will oppose UN Human Rights resolutions criticising Israeli aggression.
• International solidarity with the Palestinian people is more important than ever.
• The British government should be pressuring Israel to end illegal settlements and stop the attacks on Gaza and stop Israeli human rights violations.
• Britain should stop selling arms to Israel while it continues its assault on the Palestinians.
• To support the Exist, Resist, Return demonstration on Saturday 11 May in London.
• To send the biggest possible delegation to the demonstration.
• To publicise and promote the demonstration locally.