01 October | Birmingham | People's Conference
Sat 1st Oct | 10:30-17:00
Birmingham Town Hall, Victoria Square, B3 3DQ
Register Your Place Here
Organised by: The People's Assembly
Key Themes / Sessions Include:
- Nationalisation vs Privatisation
- Democracy: In Parliament, In Workplaces, In Communities
- The Benefits of Immigration
- Communities Abandoned: What Should Local Government Provide? (with Councillors Against Austerity)
- Who Have Cuts Really Benefited?
- War, Weapons & Western Intervention
Austerity has clearly failed the majority but what is the alternative? At this conference we will explore and discuss how to it's possible to achieve a society where everyone has secure housing, jobs and decent education. It'll counter the lies that will come out of the Tory Conference over the following days, and will propose a series of actions over the coming weeks and months that can create a movement that stops austerity in it's tracks.