24 November | London | Youth & Student CND: No War! No Austerity!
Youth & Student CND: No War! No Austerity!
Thurs 24th Novemeber | 6.30pm
Student Central, Malet Street
Amidst devastating cuts to public services, Theresa May believes it would be ‘sheer madness’ to give up our £205billion nuclear weapons - join London Youth & Student CND in declaring ‘no war, no austerity’ this autumn!
We believe the £205billion proposed to be spent on renewing our anachronistic nuclear weapons would be far better spent on:
- Reinstating EMA; a vital lifeline to education for students from low income households
- Eradicating extortionate tuition fees so that no young person faces barriers to access higher education
- Scrapping cuts to maintenance grants
With the help of some fantastic speakers representing many aspects of the anti-austerity and anti-war fight, we’ll be debunking the lies of Tory austerity and uniting activists to carry the anti-war message across schools and campuses.
We are pleased to announce a few of our confirmed speakers...
- John McDonnell (MP & Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer)
- Tariq Ali (Writer, journalist & filmmaker)
- Kate Hudson (General Secretary of CND)
Tickets are free. Get yours here: https://